Junior Mobile Developer
Stuart is a leading last mile delivery platform that connects small and big businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. We empower thousands of companies across Europe by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We work across verticals with retailers, grocery stores, restaurants and ecommerce merchants to enable smarter transportation models.
Our office is located in Carrer de Pau Claris, 186 08037 Barcelona, one street away from Gaudi's famous Casa Milà.
About the Role
Stuart is looking for a Junior mobile Engineer to play a critical role in the development of our main product - the Courier application.
The courier APP is used by all our couriers in order to receive new delivery requests and the current itinerary, manage their earnings, etc.
Recently we all embarked on an exciting new adventure, which is using the Flutter Framework to develop the latest courier APP - with a single codebase we will release the app for two different platforms :-).
However we work on many other projects, like the Client application, used by our clients to requests couriers, MVPs, OSX apps, prototypes, etc. No way you’ll get bored!
You’ll work hand to hand with the whole mobile team, which is composed by Dani, José, Pau and Sergi, the Head of mobile, to whom you’ll be reporting.
Dani and José sum up to more than 17 years in iOS experience, whereas Pau and Sergi sum up to more than 13 years in Android experience. We all speak English, Spanish and Catalan. We’ll easily get along!
The whole team will be mentoring you and making your professional career in Stuart a success while enjoying all the benefits, perks and environment of the Barcelona office. You will learn about many different top-notch technologies. Kafka, MySQL, RoR, Redis, AWS, Jenkins, Gerrit, Websockets, NodeJS, and many others.
- Contribute to the development of our mobile products: mainly the Courier APP and the Client APP mentioned above
- Define and implement new features based on business requirements - find ways to detect couriers that cheat, reduce pickup and delivery times, reduce issues with the APP, etc.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to identify issues and implement solutions: product, design, operations and support teams
- Grow with us and share: https://medium.com/stuart-engineering 🤓(you might want to read the article written by Sergi about Flutter)
- Computer science degree, Vocational Education or similar related with computer science
- Basic understanding of cell networks, GPS devices, hardware (CPU, RAM, Disk, screens, densities, etc.), latency, FPS, 2D and 3D
- Fluent in English
- Great compensation package
- Good work-life balance: work from home and flexible hours
- Learning and training opportunities
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Nursery vouchers for childcare
- Excellent family private health care
- Annual company offsite – Ibiza this year!
“Logistics for a sustainable world.” That is the mission at the heart of Stuart Delivery. While customer expectations around the delivery experience are skyrocketing, cities are limiting traditional logistics methods to improve congestion, pollution and liveability. The convergence of these two trends means that a disruptive approach to last mile delivery is not a nice-to-have but rather an inevitability.
Stuart sits at the crossroads of the future, using our best-in-class proprietary dispatch technology to connect small and big businesses alike to a shared fleet of geolocalised couriers. The result? Efficient, reliable, eco-friendly delivery to help retailers to meet their customers’ demands.
We launched in 2015 with a big vision and a handful of clients. Three and a half years later, couriers on our platform complete tens of millions of deliveries annually for the biggest brands across retail, ecommerce, grocery and food.
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.