Stuart is a leading last mile delivery platform that connects small and big businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. We empower thousands of companies across Europe by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We work across verticals with retailers, grocery stores, restaurants and e-commerce merchants to enable smarter transportation models.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to play a critical role in the development of our core platform.
The role is based in 8 avenue des Ternes 75017 Paris. The district is very lively with tons of cool restaurants and shops nearby. It’s very central and easily accessible: the Metro Ternes is 2 minutes away and the Station Charles de Gaulle Etoile is just a few blocks away.
You will report to the Head of the Data Engineering based in Barcelona, Joan. ;-) Our Data Engineering team of 12 people is distributed across 2 locations - if you like travelling, you'll enjoy working sometimes with your future colleagues in Barcelona ☀️.
- Shape a solid data infrastructure that collects, stores, processes and streams massive amounts of data in a “Fast-Data” infrastructure
- Work with spatial information and build leverageable solutions that our Front-end team will use to create powerful visualizations of a city’s deliveries
- Dive deep into the core of real-time service and produce high-quality code that can help answer questions from business, operations and clients
- Be part of a team of 60 engineers that makes Stuart the best delivery platform for businesses in a highly competitive market
- Grow with us and share: https://medium.com/stuart-engineering 🤓 (you might want to read the article about Data Ops team)
- Fluency in English
- 2+ years experience working with Python
- Strong Object-Oriented experience, and a true passion for writing high-quality code
- Experience with API-based architecture
- Experience with large scale data/ distributed systems
What is a plus?
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with event-driven architecture
- Great compensation package
- Good work-life balance: work from home, flexible hours, extra days off - RTT
- Learning and training opportunities
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers - Tickets restaurant LunchR
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent family private health care
- Annual company offsite – Ibiza this year!
“Logistics for a sustainable world.” That is the mission at the heart of Stuart Delivery. While customer expectations around the delivery experience are skyrocketing, cities are limiting traditional logistics methods to improve congestion, pollution and liveability. The convergence of these two trends means that a disruptive approach to last mile delivery is not a nice-to-have but rather an inevitability.
Stuart sits at the crossroads of the future, using our best-in-class proprietary dispatch technology to connect small and big businesses alike to a shared fleet of geolocalised couriers. The result? Efficient, reliable, eco-friendly delivery to help retailers to meet their customers’ demands.
We launched in 2015 with a big vision and a handful of clients. Three and a half years later, couriers on our platform complete tens of millions of deliveries annually for the biggest brands across retail, ecommerce, grocery and food.
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.